Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2021

You Are Important

    Today, I had the pleasure of attending an open house at a boudoir studio of a good friend. I had such a wonderful time. What I noticed the most was that we talked a lot about how important it is to take care of yourself. Today, I was reminded that even though I felt alone when I struggled with my own worth, I wasn't alone at all. Today, I was reminded that a lot of us are going through our lives, realizing that we need to take better care of ourselves. It was so empowering! We have to fight for ourselves!

    I think sometimes we lose ourselves because we end up putting everyone else's needs before our own. Then one day, we're burnt out and have no idea why.

    I can honestly say that for many, many years, I always put myself dead last. I put everyone I loved before me and by the end of the day, I had nothing left for me. For most of my life, I didn't take care of me at all. I didn't fight for me, and when I did, I got labeled as selfish.

    When I woke up and realized I needed more from me, I needed to help myself, I needed to fight for everything I deserved, it was SO DIFFICULT!! For the first year of deciding that I deserved more, I was just faking it. I faked a smile, and I hid the guilt. I'm not a selfish person, but now I was trying to be selfish for me. I'm not saying I stopped taking care of my family, but I made me a priority too. I cannot tell you how much I struggled during that time. I had to keep reminding myself that I deserved it.

    What's so amazing about this is, I look healthier. After I fought for me, I look happier; I'm not faking it anymore. You can come out on the other side of this being a better you. For me, that meant taking time to finish my novel (it's getting published soon) and starting a blog that has stories on it and also posts about my struggles through this.

    I will always be the woman that helps elevate you. I will always be the woman that sees you struggling and fighting for you, and hugs you. I will hold your hand and help you be strong. I will be the voice in your head that reminds you that you deserve more. I mean it, you deserve more and you deserve to be a priority. If you need help or support, or you need to reach out so you don't feel so alone, please do!

    I have a lot of ways that I can be reached. But please remember that you are important and you always deserve to be a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bullet Journaling for Dummies

     I have always written down notes, lists, and short stories; sometimes that included writing down dreams too. Over the years, I have wen...