Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Bad Coffee Part Twelve

    The plane is luxurious, super comfy and perfect. I had been able to get us both a week off at the same time without telling Lisa too much about my plans. I didn’t want to ruin the entire surprise before I had even purchased the tickets.

    “I can’t believe we are on our way to Paris!” Lisa squeals as she gets comfortable in her seat. I had made sure that she got a window seat when I purchased the tickets. Lisa had her passport already from traveling to somewhere in Mexico with some friends but she had never been on a long flight like this to Europe. She cozied up to the side of the plane and pressed her whole face up against the window, like an over-excited child.

    “I wouldn’t be too excited yet, it’s a long flight,” I said as I put both of our bags in the overhead compartment.

    “How could that be a bad thing?”

    “There are only so many places you can go on a flying metal tube,” I teased her. I wasn’t afraid of flying, not at all. But after about three hours, I start to get restless.

    “I think this is wonderful. And these seats!” Lisa squeals, making me laugh. I sat down next to Lisa in my own big comfy seat.

    “We’ll see if you still think that after such a long flight.”

    “Quit being such a Debbie Downer!” Lisa admonished me, making me smile. I wiggled in my seat, trying to get comfortable and opened up the book that I had brought with me. Lisa hadn’t brought a book along with us to read but she did bring her phone with some no-Wi-Fi-needed games and a magazine. Before the pilot announced that we had to turn our cell phones onto airplane mode, Lisa took a couple of pictures of us together. We leaned toward each other and put our heads together with big smiles on our faces. She posted it on Instagram with a long winded description of how happy she was to be going on vacation with me. I kissed her forehead and went back to my reading.

    Hours later, we left the flying metal tube to an overcrowded airport. Lisa put on her big sunglasses and dragged her suitcase on wheels behind her as she followed me out to find a taxi. I’m not sure that Lisa isn’t just as much as a Debbie Downer about long flights as I am now, but she won’t dare admit it to me.

    Our driver takes us straight to the Shangri-La Hotel and it doesn’t take us long to get checked in. Of course, I reserved one of the biggest suites in the hotel with all the amenities. There is no reason to not go all out for a vacation to Paris!

    “Oh my God, Elijah! This is amazing!” Lisa says as she walks through the hotel room. We have a full kitchen and a little dining area, a little sitting area with a fireplace, and a spa sized bathroom with a jetted tub. The staff had left a wonderful welcome package for us consisting of fresh fruit, expensive champagne, and delicious macaroons. The bedroom is separated from the rest of the room by heavy, ornate, white double doors. Lisa and I bring our suitcases into the bedroom and set them on the dressers. The four poster bed looks more like a king and a half than just a king. There is beautiful sheer, white draping fabric hanging from above the bed, making it look like a bed from a fairytale. The bed has a white, fluffy comforter and at least a dozen wonderful throw pillows. Lisa plopped down on the bed, sliding her shoes off and laying back, she stretched out completely and there was still room. “I can’t even believe this,” she said, moving her outstretched arms up and down as if she was making a snow angel.

    “I need a bed like that at my house,” I said. I smile and walk over to the very large windows. They aren’t just large windows but huge glass doors leading out to our own private terrace. I am immediately overcome with the beauty of the view from our balcony. “Lisa, come here!” It’s a spacious balcony with a small wrought iron table to match the railing and two chairs. We can see the Eiffel Tower to the right. It is so close to our terrace that it dwarfs everything else around it.

    After Lisa and I snap at least a dozen photos of us together in front of the Eiffel Tower, Lisa walks back into our room. As she started moving throw pillows off of the bed, she tossed a couple of them at me. “You gonna join me for a nap?”

    “What’s wrong?” I asked, teasingly. “Long plane ride too much for ya there?”

    “I didn’t say that!” she said and then chucked a pillow at me with force, making me laugh. “I just really like this bed,” she said under her breath.

    “Oh, okay. Well that’s good cuz we gotta sleep in it for a week,” I said, winking at her. Surprisingly, Lisa didn’t undress for our nap. She has used ‘take a nap’ as code before. As we curled up in between the perfect sheets, the bed enveloped us in comfort. I wrapped my arms around Lisa’s middle and pulled her across the huge bed and into me. I held her tight and tucked my face into her neck. It comforted me to listen to her breathing change as she started to fall asleep in my arms. It wasn’t long before I was fast asleep right next to her.

    A few hours later, my growling stomach woke me. Lisa was still sleeping, but she had rolled away from me. I get up quietly, trying not to disturb her, I need food. I call down to the concierge to find out what I could do about getting some food sent to our room. I really don’t want to wake up Lisa just to drag her around the city after our long plane ride. I picked several things from the 24/7 room service menu, and then quickly showered. Room service arrives beautifully presented. I could tell that setting up beautiful dinners was not a new job for this gentleman. He lit candles, set out our plates, silverware, glasses, and napkins. It is beyond absolutely gorgeous; everything smelled delicious.

    “Hey, sleepy head,” I whisper into Lisa’s ear as I sit next to where she lay in the bed. As her eyes start to flutter, I start moving the little wisps of hair from her face. “You gonna sleep all day?” I ask, Lisa smiles.

    “I just might,” she says as she stretches out across the bed.

    “Are you hungry?”

    “Most definitely,” Lisa says and then yawns. “What do you want to do for dinner?”

    “I already have that handled. Why don’t you wake up and get ready, nothing fancy, and meet me out on the balcony?”

    “Oh?” Lisa asks, eyeing me suspiciously. Now she was fully awake.

    “Yep. Come on,” I say and swat her butt before I stand up to head outside. I watch Lisa get out of bed from where I stand, leaned up against the balcony. Lisa striped her pants and shirt off and dropped them on the floor as she walked to the bathroom. It was the simplest, sexiest thing and makes me smile watching her. I poured both of us some wine, double checked that everything was beautiful and ready for when Lisa comes out. As I am fidgeting at things and pacing the balcony, the Eiffel Tower blinks on. I am absolutely stunned by it’s beautiful brilliance. “Lisa!!” I yell toward the bathroom where Lisa is still getting ready.

    “Yeah?” Lisa asks as she steps out of the bathroom. She is still only in her bra and panties and she is tossing her long hair with her fingertips as she walks toward me. “What’s up, babe?”

    “Come here,” I wave for her with urgency. She saunters to me without stopping to get dressed first. As we walk together out onto the balcony, Lisa’s hands freeze in her hair. After a second, Lisa straightens up and drops her hands to her sides.

    “Oh…” she says in awe.

    “Isn’t it amazing?”

    “It’s beyond amazing,” Lisa whispers. Lisa turns around to see the table that I have ready for our dinner. Then all of a sudden, she realizes that she is standing outside, on a balcony, in just her panties and bra. In Paris no less! Embarrassment isn’t really what happens when it dawns on her. Instead what happens is she looks down at her almost nude body, and laughs hysterically. Her loud, beautiful laugh makes me laugh.

    “I’m not complaining!” I answer her unasked question.

    “I’ll be right back out,” Lisa says and kisses me on the cheek. I sit down at the table to wait for Lisa, for only a couple of minutes. Lisa walks back out onto the terrace in a beautiful sun dress, with her hair up in a simple ponytail. I stand and walk over to Lisa.

    “You look absolutely beautiful.” I kiss Lisa’s cheek and place my hand on the small of her back.

    “Thank you,” she said. I pulled out Lisa’s chair for her and then kissed the top of her head. I pulled the silver domes off of the platters in the center of the table. “Oh yum! That smells amazing, Elijah!”

    “It does, doesn’t it? I just had them send a little bit of all the best.”

    “That was a great plan,” Lisa says as I take my own seat.

    “Dig in.” Dinner was absolutely amazing. I couldn’t think of anything that I would rather being doing right now instead of being here with Lisa, having dinner and watching the Eiffel Tower light up the night sky.

    The first night in Paris was a beautiful, relaxing, night. We lounged in our oversized bed, cuddled up together, watching TV. We called for room service once more throughout the night so that Lisa and I could share dessert together. She fed me and I fed her while in bed. Lisa took several pictures of us laughing, cuddled up, and feeding each other and posted them on her Instagram. We had a wonderful night and ended up falling asleep in each other’s arms, while still watching whatever show was on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bullet Journaling for Dummies

     I have always written down notes, lists, and short stories; sometimes that included writing down dreams too. Over the years, I have wen...