Pages

Monday, February 15, 2021

Bad Coffee Part Eight

    “I’m on my way over.” Lisa text me late Saturday afternoon. I didn’t think the concert was until much later but I didn’t mind. We hadn’t talked much since I text her about going out with Craig Thursday night; which I also didn’t mind.

    “See you soon. Be careful.” I set my phone down and went back to my room to get dressed for tonight. I’m just going to wear some jeans and a t-shirt for the concert but I wanted to get into more comfortable ones than what I was wearing currently. When Lisa knocked on my door, she knocked twice and then came in as I was walking to the door to open it for her.

    “Hey, you should probably keep your door locked, or just about any fool could come in here,” she said teasing me.

    “I can handle it,” I said walking up to her. I held her and then kissed her full lip softly. “Maybe you should be more careful of what doors you just walk into,” I teased right back. Lisa tossed her purse and keys on the couch and I instantly thought of my quick rendezvous there two days ago. Is that something that I should disclose with her? I’m not really sure how to go about that. We still hadn’t discussed that night nor had we discussed what labels our relationship or whatever this was fell under. “Do you want to get something to eat here or go somewhere before the concert?” I asked.

    “Let’s go out and grab something and then we can just head to the bar.”

    “Oh it’s at a bar?”

    “Yep. I’ll drive,” Lisa said. “Just let me go pee first.” As I waited for her to finish up in the bathroom, I piddled around the house making sure lights were off and the back door was locked. I didn’t really know what I wanted for dinner so I searched for restaurants close by.

    “What do you want to eat?” I shouted toward the bathroom.

    “I told you to pick,” Lisa said as she walked into the kitchen where I was leaned up against the counter.

    “Yeah, I understand that, but I meant, what kind of food do you want?”

    “I don’t care,” Lisa answered. I scrolled down through the options and picked a place not too far from my house that served what looked like just about anything you could think of.

    “Okay. I got one. Ready?” I asked and Lisa nodded. This was the first time that I had let Lisa drive since we started seeing each other. I gave her the address of the restaurant that we were going to and she put it into her phone; the car called out directions for her as she drove. I wouldn’t say that I felt unsafe, but she really did drive a little crazy for my liking. I didn’t feel like I was in danger but it made me a tad nervous. When we arrived, I was glad of it.

    “So how was your guy’s night with Craig the other night?” Lisa asked after we had been served our sodas.

    “It was fun. We just went out to dinner and then went out to a bar. Craig always tries to ‘close the bar’ but I ended up coaxing him into leaving at a decent time.”

    “He sounds like fun,” Lisa interjected.

    “He is. He’s been my best friend for almost as long as I can remember.”

    “That’s good. Did you guys take any women home?” Lisa asked and I about choked on my food which only made her giggle. “I assumed,” she said, laughing. “Relax, Elijah, we haven’t talked about us being an actual couple or anything.”

    “Yes we did,” I said, a little nervous.

    “We? Huh.” Lisa teased, pretending to ponder the idea of me and Craig sharing a woman that we picked up from the bar.

    “Not we like that,” I corrected her. “We like we each took home a girl.”

    “Oh, sounds like fun. Tell me all about her,” Lisa said leaning forward. I can’t believe this, she knew I took someone home with me that wasn’t her and she actually wants to hear all about it?

    “Are you serious right now?” I asked, a little terrified.

    “Yeah!” Lisa exclaimed. “Would you relax already?”

    “Okay,” I said and took a deep breath. “Her name was Cat, or that’s what she called herself anyway.” Lisa was nodding along. Do I tell her this story gently? Or am I supposed to tell the woman that I am regularly sleeping with about the girl I fucked on my couch like I would tell one of my guy friends? “She came home with me and…”

    “No, no. You gotta describe her first,” Lisa interjected. I took another deep breath and tried again.

    “She was this short, petite, blonde girl that was entirely confident and all over me.”

    “Nice. Confidence is so sexy,” Lisa says in between bites of her French fries.

    “Agreed.” I was starting to relax into talking about Thursday night with Lisa. “So I ordered us a ride and she said she wanted to come to my house instead of going to her house because of her roommate.”

    “That could have been fun,” Lisa adds shrugging her shoulders, her response startling me yet again.

    “Yeah,” I agree a little timidly. “I got us some waters and then she was just on top of me on the couch.”

    “That’s hot,” Lisa says. “I wish I could have seen it. It doesn’t sound as good as us though.” There it is, I’m about to get told off even though she is the one that prodded me to tell her this little tale.

    “It was not as hot as you and I at your place,” I agree, quietly, waiting for the argument to start. But I couldn’t disagree, it was hot but not as hot or as needy as Lisa and I had been that first time. I don’t know that anything could be. Instead of Lisa turning into the typical girlfriend, she actually started staring devilishly at me; almost like she was turned on. Was that what was happening right now?

    “Want to hear about my girl’s night?” she asked.

    “Oh you went out too?”

    “Yep. I figured I could have used a girl’s night too. So I texted my friend Renee and we went out to a bar that night too.”

    “Did you have a good time?”

    “Oh,” Lisa looks up from her food and starts directly into my eyes from across the table. “My night was so much hotter than yours,” she says with a coy smile spread across her mouth.

    “Was it now?” I ask, fully intrigued now. Was she playing with me?

    “Definitely,” Lisa said matter-of-factly and then chomped down on her burger while I sat there staring at her, waiting for more of the story. “What?” Lisa asked around her bite of burger. I laughed.

    “Is that really all you are going to divulge to me after you prodded a description of my night out of me?”

    “Oh!” Lisa said with mock surprise. “I’m sorry.” I knew she wasn’t. She was chuckling to herself while she finished chewing.

    “No you aren’t,” I countered; which only made her chuckle more.

    “Fine,” she laughed. “I picked up my own little blonde too.” I felt my eyes widen and just to torment me further she took another bite of her burger and chewed slowly; making me wait again.

    “And?” I asked, dragging the syllable out. My food was still sitting on the plate in front of me, I hadn’t bothered taking another bite because of how this conversation was going. Lisa chuckled again. “You are enjoying this aren’t you?”

    “Definitely.”

    “Fine,” I said with a laugh in my voice. I am trying to act like I don’t care about the rest of the story, but I know she can see it on my face that I do. I pick up my own burger and take a big bite. I’m trying to eat nonchalantly but I keep looking up at her eyes and they are twinkling with all the enjoyment that she is getting out of this while she makes me wait.

    Dinner was satisfactory; nothing to write home about. Lisa refused to finish her story and was quiet the entire ride to the bar for the concert. When we pulled into the parking lot, it already looked packed; a good turnout for a local band preforming at some bar. Lisa and I went inside and ordered drinks from the bar. There wasn’t a band playing as of yet, but there was good music screaming out of the jukebox on the far wall. We made a round around the place and then settled against a back wall kind of away from most of the people; with the drinks in hand. Lisa leaned into me, touching her lips to my ear and nipped it, making me shudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bullet Journaling for Dummies

     I have always written down notes, lists, and short stories; sometimes that included writing down dreams too. Over the years, I have wen...