Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Bad Coffee Part Seven

    Lisa didn’t spend the night. She got an Uber and went home after our fiasco against the front door. I rolled over in bed, stretching in the warm sunlight streaking in through the window. I had a decent sized bed, but here I was laying across the entire thing. Stretched out this way, I took up the entirety of it. I didn’t want to get up. I didn’t want to leave the warmth of my bed; but the coffee pot was calling to me. I grunted like an old man as I got up out of bed; I made it, and threw on some shorts before checking my phone. There was already a text from Lisa waiting for me.

    “I’ve got two tickets to a concert this weekend. Interested?”

    “Who is playing?”

    “Just some local band. I thought it might be fun to go together.”

    “Sounds like a plan to me.”

    “Maybe I’ll skip work today and just have a day for me,” I announced to my coffee maker. Of course there was no reply. I didn’t need to work today, but I probably should anyway. I took a big swallow of my coffee and headed for the shower. I couldn’t remove the smile from my face but I didn’t really want to either. I was content. No, I was happy. This was happy. I started my playlist on my phone and connected it to the sound system that I had linked up throughout my house; volume on full blast. The shower was so hot it steamed up the entire bathroom as I undressed. I swiped my hand across the mirror trying to see if I needed to shave first and decided I could handle another day of bristle on my face before I had to shave it. I stepped into the shower and sang to myself as I soaped up.

    I couldn’t help the arousal that I was feeling just thinking about my night with Lisa. I spent longer ‘washing’ than necessary and was pleasantly surprised when I was once again rock hard and ready for more time with Lisa. I squeezed and pulled, bringing myself right to the edge, only to stop right before my own release. I was enjoying making myself crazy in the shower with images of Lisa and I together running through my head. I brought myself to the brink several more times before deciding that I should probably stop torturing myself; before I couldn’t stop at all. I got out of the shower, needing Lisa, and grabbed my phone. I sent her three different pictures. Not a dick pick, but suggestive pictures, trying to see if I could drive her just as wild as I was just from the thought of her. I set my phone back down, toweled dry and got dressed for work.

 

    “Hey E!” Craig said when I answered my phone. Craig has been my best friend for almost my entire life. I can’t do anything without him. Or rather, maybe he couldn’t do anything without me. We were pretty much inseparable even though we were well into our twenties. “You got plans tonight?”

    “Hey man! No, no plans,” I answered. I instantly thought of Lisa, I knew we hadn’t planned anything until this upcoming weekend but that didn’t mean I didn’t want to see her before then. “Why? What’s up man?”

    “I wanted to see if you wanted to go have a guy’s night with me,” Craig said. Craig’s version of a guy’s night usually consisted of going to a random bar and seeing how many girl’s numbers we could go home with. I like that game alright. Women usually throw themselves at me and Craig and we get the pick of whoever we want. Not surprisingly, it never leads to anything more than a fling but I don’t think either of us are looking for more than a fling anyway.

    “Sounds like a plan. You want to meet me at home?” I ask Craig.

    “Yeah, let’s do dinner first.”

    “Okay. See ya then.” I hung up with Craig and text Lisa. “Hey, I’m gonna go out with Craig tonight.” As soon as I sent it, I regretted it. Why did I feel like I was asking her for permission? She didn’t even know him. Nor did he know about her yet. And it’s not like we had talked about being exclusive or anything. I shrugged my shoulders; I couldn’t take it back now.

    After work, Craig met me at my house, all spruced up and ready to go. I finished up with my hair and was ready to go in a few minutes. Lisa hadn’t taken my text in a bad way like I was worried about. She only sent back, “Have fun!” with some smiley emojis. I said, “Thanks,” and finished my work day so that I could get home in time to meet Craig. Now, we were both ready to go, so I ordered an Uber.

    Craig had decided it was a good night to go to a fancier restaurant. It was a Thursday night so the bar wouldn’t be packed (no matter which one we chose) so we had time to eat and relax before we got there.

    “How’s working going?” Craig asked me as the waitress brought us our drinks; both of us had ordered Disaronno with lime. I enjoyed the warmth as it slid down my throat.

    “It’s going,” I said. “Not too busy lately but that’s what happens when you hire the right people.”

    “Oh good.”

    “What about you?” I asked him.

    “Nothing new or exciting,” he said. Craig worked in IT so we had a lot of things that crossed over but he didn’t work for me. After my parents died and I inherited Kennedy Enterprises, Craig helped me with it and helped me make some of the major decisions but neither one of us wanted him to work for me. I don’t think he wanted to see his best friend as his boss nor did he want other people to think he got the job only because he was my best friend instead of earning it. And I never ever wanted to have to be the guy that reprimanded my best friend if something wasn’t going the way that I liked in my own company. That’s just messy and not worth the risk to me. So we grew up together, learned basically the same things, and then went to college for computer sciences together. I was handed a huge company with a board of trustees to go with it and Craig started his career that he had worked his ass off for.

    “Nothing new means nothing bad,” I said raising my glass to Craig from across the table. We bullshit for a bit about work and projects and girls. We ordered our food and another round of Disaronno. Craig paid for dinner and wouldn’t hear of anything other than that. He wasn’t hurting for money or anything but we both knew that I made a huge amount more than he did; the gesture was always a good thing though. Craig never expected me to pay for everything just because I made more money than he did.

    We had a great night at the bar the rest of the night. Of course, women threw themselves at us. I bought way too many drinks for us and for the women. I couldn’t tell if some of the woman were after Craig and I because of our looks or our money. I’m not ever going to pretend that we can’t have any woman that we want; we are damn good looking guys. Of course money talks too.

    When we had had our fill of the bar lights and loud music, we ordered Uber rides home and each of us had a woman accompany us as well. Craig text me when he got home and told me to enjoy my night; I said the same and that I would talk to him in the morning. The woman that I brought home was a slinky little blonde called Cat. She followed me into my living room and asked to use my bathroom. I showed her where it was and got us some waters. She was tipsy, but not so drunk that she couldn’t make her own decisions. I, however, didn’t want to add anymore alcohol to the situation.

    When she joined me on the couch, she thanked me for the water, took a sip and then set the glass down on the coffee table. There wasn’t any talking necessary after that. Cat climbed on top of me without any preamble; I was most certainly ready for her. Our session on my couch lasted about fifteen hot, steamy minutes. Then she ordered her own Uber and left. Cat was quick, fun. I locked up my house, shut off the lights and headed to bed.

    The next morning, I text Craig asking him how his evening went. I caught up on some housework, did some laundry and watched some TV for the majority of the day. The concert isn’t until tomorrow night and I was looking forward to enjoying that with Lisa. I hadn’t been to many concerts growing up but I always did enjoy the ones that I had been able to go to. Craig text me back at some point in the day saying that he had had a good evening and had slept over. I laughed to myself, knowing that he has stayed over at may girl’s houses and it was always a 50/50 chance of the girls getting clingy after that. I had told him many times that if he didn’t sleep over, it wouldn’t be so messy but his reply was that he wore himself out during sex and couldn’t stay awake long enough afterwards to leave. He never had a problem with letting the girl that got too clingy down though, so more power to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bullet Journaling for Dummies

     I have always written down notes, lists, and short stories; sometimes that included writing down dreams too. Over the years, I have wen...